There might be a couple of reasons for this:
- Your internet upload connection is slow. Tella uploads your video while you record it, but if your upload connection cannot upload all the data by the time you have finished recording you will have to wait before you can edit or share the video. Test your internet connection here. If the upload measurement is less than 5 Mbps this could be reason your videos is taking a while to upload.
- Your internet connection is weak or inconsistent. Wifi or 4G signal strength can vary or completely drop and when this happens it will take Tella more time to upload your video. If your connection goes completely offline Tella will wait until you’re back online to continue uploading.
What if uploading has completely stopped?
If your upload connection is fast and your signal is strong but your video has completely stopped uploading or is stuck at 0% for a long period of time, try the following steps.
- Quit and restart your web browser. Does your upload make progress?
- Try recording another test video — about a minute long. Does that video upload? Does the other one make any progress?
- If neither of those things worked, send us a message at [email protected] or over in-app livechat.
⚠️ If your video is uploading, but it’s just going slowly then it’s most likely your internet upload speed. In which case it’s not recommended to try the steps above.